The SwissCaution rental guarantee simple, practical and quick!
The SwissCaution rental guarantee replaces the bank deposit and gives your lessor the same security and value as a bank deposit guarantee.
For an annual premium, SwissCaution provides an original rental guarantee document for the lessor or real estate agency in the form of deposit insurance equivalent to a bank deposit guarantee with added service quality and speed.
The annual premium is 5% of the rental guarantee amount (plus administrative and document issuance fee and Swiss federal stamp duty) on the strict condition that at least one personal guarantor resident in Switzerland is committed jointly and severally as a debtor. Rental guarantee requests can only be made via the Internet.
Request your rental guarantee in four steps right now:
The online form will guide you step-by-step to your rental guarantee.
- Complete the online form in accordance with your lease or proposed lease
- Send the completed form, signed by all the lessees and guarantors named in the lease, to SwissCaution by e-mail or post with copies of the following documents:
- Commercial lease or proposed lease for a minimum period of one year
- ID document(s) and B and C residence permits of all the lessees and guarantors*
- Financial statements from the last 2 financial years (or a business plan and a budget for a new professional activity)
Other documents may be requested depending on the nature of the business.
- After receiving your request and all the required documents, SwissCaution will examine your file. Once your request has been accepted, SwissCaution will send you a confirmation including the annual premium payable
- After receiving payment of your first annual premium, SwissCaution will issue the original rental guarantee document for your lessor and a copy for you
*The guarantor must be resident in Switzerland.
How do I terminate my rental guarantee?
You can terminate your rental guarantee at any time. Only your lessor or your lessor’s representative can release the rental guarantee.
To do this:
- Ask your lessor or your lessor’s representative (real estate agency) to sign and return the original rental guarantee to SwissCaution
- After receiving the request from your lessor, you will be automatically released from paying the annual premium of the following year